The Rods Of Initiation-The Purpose of the Rods of Power
In the sceptre of a ruling monarch at this day is hiddden the symbolism of these various Rods. They are duly recognised as symbols of office and of power, but it is not generally appreciated that they are of electrical origin, and that their true significance is concerned with the dynamic stimulations af all the subdomains in office who come under their touch, thus inspiring them to increased activity and service for that race.
The great Rod of power of the Logos Himself is hidden in the Sun. To recapitulate, the esoteric location of various rods is as follows:-
- The Rod of the Bodhisattve lies hidden "in the heart of the wisdom," that is, Shamballa.
- The Rod of the one Initiator is hidden in " the East," a definite planetary location.
- The Rod of the Solar Logos is hidden in "the heart of the sun." that mysterious subjective sphere which lies at the back of our physical sun, and that of which our physical sun is but the environing shield and envelope.
- The Rod of the cosmic Logos associated with our solar Logos is secreted in that central spot in the heaveans around which our solar system revolves, and which is termed" the central spiritual sun."
One Rod is charged a new at Shamballa for each new World teacher; the Rod of Sanat Kumara is charged afresh at each recurring world period, and therefore seven times in the history of the planetary scheme. The Logoic Rod of Power is electrified at the recurrence of each new period of creation, or for each solar system through which the Logos manifests, as a man manifests through his physical body life.
The first two ceremonies take place at Shamballa, the sacred point of the planetary manifestation, that central location in our physical planet which corresponds to the heart of a human being. Many of the places on the earth's surface, for instance, which are famed for their healing properties, are thus noted because they are magnetised spots, and their magnetic properties demonstrate as healing influences. The recognition of these properties by man is but the preamble of a later and more definite recognition, which will eventuate when his etheric sight is normally developed.
The magnetic spots are magnetised in three ways:-
1.By Sanat Kumara working through the Manu.This occurs when it is desirable to form a central magnetic point which, by its attractive power, will draw into a coherent whole some race, nation, or large organisation. Every nation has its "magnetic point" formed in etheric matter by the application of the "Flaming Diamond" to the ethers; it is the national heart and the basis of the national character. Usually the chief city of a nation is built around it, but this is not invariably so.
2. By Sanat Kumara through the bodhisattva. In this case, the electric force in the Rod wielded in order to draw closer together those influences which demonstrate in the great religions of the world. The lesser Rod of Power is used here in conjuction with the greater. By their means the attractive quality or keynote of any religion is struck, and of any organisation with a religious basis.
3. By Sanat Kumara working through the Mahachohan. By the wielding of the rod of Power the magnetic focal points of those great organisations which affect the civilisation and the culture of a people are brought into coherent activity.
The physical plane organisation-governmental,religious, or cultural-is the working out of inner forces and causes, and, before they definitely appear in physical manefistation, a focalisation-if it might be so expressed-of these influences and energies, take place on etheric levels. The organisation of the Freemasons is a case in point. It has two magnetic centres, one of which is in Central Europe. In all the cases cited, the Lord of the World, was the officiating agent, as is ever the case in the founding of great and important movements. In all lesser movements for the helping of the race, initiated by the Masters working through Their disciples, the aid of the Bodhisattva is invoked, and the lesser Rod of Powers is employed.
The Hierophant has hitherto been present, but the work has been handled by the Lodge and the Sponsors. He now ascends to the place of power, and the Rod is brought to him by its legitimate custodians. It is not possible to publish the details of the next stage, beyond using the description as embodied in the words " fire sescends from heaven." Through the utterance of certain words and phrases, which are one of the secrets of initiation, and which vary with each initiation, the electrical force to be employed descends upon the Rod, passing through the heart and the hand of the Initiator to the Three who stand in triangular relation to the throne of office.
The Hierophant utters the word, and the force is literally thrown into the initiate's bodies and centres, passing down through the centres of the mental plane, via the astral centres, to the centres of the etheric levels, which finally absorb it. This is the stupendious moment for the initaite, and brings to him a realisation of the literal absolute truth of the phrase "God is a consuming fire".