Discipleship - Group Relationships
Discipleship - Group Relations
The path of a disciple is a thorny one: briars beset his every step, and difficulties meet him at every turn. Yet in the treading of the path, in the overcoming of the difficulties, and in a single-hearted adherence to the good of the group, with a proportionate attention to the individuals and their evolutionary development, comes a length fruition, and the attainment of the goal.
A SERVER of the RACE stands forth, he is a server because he has no ends of his own to serve, and from his lower sheath goes out no vibrationwhich can beguile him from his chosen path. He serves, because he knows what is in man, and because for many lives he has worked with individuals and with groups, gradually expanding the range of his endeavour until he has gathered around him those units of consciousness whom he can energise, and use, and through whom he can work out the plans of his superiors.
Such is the goal, but the intermediate stages are fraught with difficulty for all who stand on the verge of self-discovery, and becoming the Path itself.
Some practical advise might be of value here:-
Study with care the first three books of the Bhagavad Gita.
The problem of Arjuna is the problem of all disciples, and the solution is eternally the same. Stand ready and watch the heart. In the transferring of the fire from the solar plexis to the heart centre comes much pain. It is not easy to Love as do the Great Ones, with a pure love which requires nothing back; with an impersonal Love that rejoices where there is response, but looks not for it, and loves steadily, quitely, and deeply through all apparent divergences, knowing that when each has found his own way home, he will find that home to be the place of at-one-ment.
Be prepared for lonliness. It is the law. As a man dissociates himself from all that concerns his physical, astral and mental bodies, and centres himself in the Ego, it produces a temporary seperation. This must be endured and passed, leading to a close link at a later period with all associated with the disciple through the karma of past lives, through group work, and through the activity of the disciple (carried on almost unconsciously at first) in gathering together those through whom later he will work.
Cultivate happiness, knowing that depression, and over morbid investigation of the motive, and undue sensitiveness to the criticism of others leads to a condition wherein a disciple is almost useless. Happiness is based on the confidence of the God within, a just appreciation of time, and a forgetfulness of self. Take all the glad things which may come as trusts to be used to spread joy, and rebel not at happiness and pleasure in service, thinking it an indication that all is not well. Suffering comes as the lower self rebels. Control that lower self, eliminate desire, and all is joy.
Have patience. Endurance is one of the characteristics of the Ego. The Ego persists, knowing itself immortal. The personality becomes discouraged, knowing that time is short. To the disciple naught occurs but what is in the plan, and where the motive and sole aspiration of the heart are towards the carrying out of the Master's will and serving the race, that which eventuates has in it the seeds of the next enterprise, and embodies the environment of the next step forward.
Herein in lies much of clarification, and herein may be found that on which the disciple may rest when vision is clouded, the vibration lower than perhaps it should be, and the judgement fogged by the miasmas arising from circumstances on the physical plane. With many, much arises in the astral situation that out of present anxieties and worries may grow confidence and peace, and out of violent action and interaction their may be elaborated tranquility.
It is possible to reach a point where naught that occurs can rufle the inner calm; where the peace that passeth understanding is known and experienced, because the consciousness is centred in the Ego, who is peace itself, being the circle of the buddhic life; where poise itself is known and felt, and equilibrium reigns because the centre of the life is in the Ego, who is-in essence-balance: where calm rules unruffled unshaken, because the divine Knower holds the reigns of government, and permits no disturbance from the lower self:
Where bliss itself is reached that is based, not on circumstance in the three worlds, but on that inner realisation of existence apart from the not-self, an existence that persists when time and space and all that is contained therin, are not: that is known when all the illusions of the lower planes are experienced, passed through, transmuted and transcended: that endures when the little world of human endeavour has dissipated and gone, being see as naught; and that is based on the knowledge that I AM THAT.
Such an attitude and experience is for all those who persist in their high endeavour, who count all things but naught if they may but achieve the goal, and who steer a steady course through circumstances, keeping the eyes fixed upon the vision ahead, the ears attentive to the Voice of the God within, that sounds in the silence of the heart; the feet firmly placed on the path that leads to the Portal of Initiation: the hands held out in assistance to the world, and the whole life subordinated to the call of service.
Then all that comes is for the best-sickness, opportunity, success, and disappointment, the gibes and machinations of enemies, the lack of comprehension on the part of those we love - all is but to be used, and all exists but to be transmuted. Continuity of vision, of aspiration, and of the inner touch, is seen to be of more importancethan tem all. That continuity is the thing to be aimed at, in spite of, and not because of circumstances.
Read More.....Discipleship - Group Relations - 2
Reference: Initiation Human And Solar: Alice A Bailey
- Contact Us
- Planetary Existences-2
- Planetary Existences
- TWO REVELATIONS-2
- The Two Revelations
- Jeffery Epstein - The Saga - 9
- Jeffery Epstein - The Saga - 8
- Jeffery Epstein - The Saga - 10
- Universality of Initiation
- Discipleship - Group Relations - 2
- The Participants In The Mysteries-2
- The Path Of Initiation
- Initiation and the Devas
- The Probationary Path - 2
- The Final Initiation
- Impeachment Investigators Subpoena White House - Ukraine
- The Fourth Way - Study of Oneself - P.D.Ouspensky
- The Succeeding Two Initiations
- Discipleship - Group Relationships
- The Participants In The Mysteries
- Jeffery Epstein - The Saga - 7
- Cosmic Influences and Solar Initiations
- HAMPSTEAD CASE: Children’s Whistleblowing Testimonies on Satanic Cult in Hampstead
Articles - Latest
- Pilot pictured after being taken hostage by Indonesia rebels who burnt his plane
- Nicola Sturgeon to resign in hastily arranged press conference
- The controversial history of the Koh-i-Noor diamond – and why it may never be worn again by a British royal
- French politicians want Napoleon III returned from English abbey
- UK urged to arrest visiting Xinjiang governor over Uighur ‘genocide’
- Zelensky in surprise trip to London and Paris as he seeks more military aid
- King Charles left red-faced as he reveals giant hole in his sock at royal engagement
- MPs to get a payrise from April 1 taking salaries to over £86,000
- Kenyan policemen handed heavy sentences for killing of human rights lawyer
- Nobel laureate Ebadi says Iran's 'revolutionary process' is irreversible
- NatWest and Nationwide to close 19 bank branches in February - full list of closures
- Worst January since strict lockdown for 80% of the economy, figures reveal
- Man admits treason after trying to harm Queen with crossbow
- Blinken scraps rare China trip over suspected spy balloon in US airspace
- Government has blood on its hands, says survivor of transfusions scandal