- We can consider the stages of the Initiation ceremony, which are five in number, as follows:-
The "Presence " revealed
The "Vision" seen
The application of the Rod, affecting:-
The causal vehicle
The administration of the oath.
The giving of the "Secret" and the Word
These points are given in due order, and it must be remembered that this order is not idly arranged, but carries the initiate on from revelation until the culminating stage wherein is committed to him one of the secrets and one of the five words of power which open to him the various planes, with all their evolutions.
- The revelation of the "Presence."
Right through the later periods of the cycle of incarnation wherein the man is juffling with the pairs of opposites, and through discrimination is becoming aware of reality and unreality, there is a growing up in his mind a realisation that he himself is an immortal existence, an eternal God, and a portion of infinity.
- Ever the link between the man on the physical plane and this inner Ruler becomes clearer until the great revelation is made. Then comes a moment in his existence when the man stands consciously face to face with his real Self and knows himself to be that Self in reality and not just theoretically; he becomes aware of the God within, not through the sense of hearing, or through attention to the inner voice directing and controlling, and called the "voice of conscience." This time the recognition is through sight and direct vision. He now responds not only to that which is heard, but also to that which he sees.
- It is known that the first senses developed in a child are hearing, touch, and sight; the infant becomes aware of sounds and turns his head; he feels and touches; finally, he consciously sees, and in these three senses the personality is coordinated. These are the three vital senses. Taste and smell follow later, but life can be lived without them, and should they be absent, the man remains practically unhandicapped, in his contacts on the physical plane. On the path of inner, or subjective development , the sequence is the same.
response to the voice of conscience, as it guides. directs, and controls. This covers the period of strictly normal evolution.
response to control or vibration, and the recognition of that which lies outside of that which lies outside of the separated human unit on the physical plane.
This covers the period of gradual spiritual unfoldment, the Paths of Probation and of Discipleship right up to the door of initiation. The man touches at intervals that which is higher than himself; he becomes aware of the "touch" of the Master, of the egoic vibration and of group vibration, and through this occult sense of touch he accustoms himself to that which is inner and subtle. He reaches out after that which concerns the higher self, and through touching unsee things, habituates himself to them.
Finally, Sight-that inner vision which is produced through the initiation process, yet which is withal but the recognition of faculty, always present yet unknown. Just as an enfant has eyes which are perfectly good and clear from birth, yet there comes a day whereein the conscious recognition of that which is seen is first to be noted, so with the human unit undergoing spiritual unfoldment.
The medium of the inner sight has ever existed , and that which van be seen is always present, but the recognition of the majority as yet exists not. This "recognition" by the initiate is the first great step in the initiation ceremony, and until this has transpired all the other stages must wait. That which is recognised differs at the different initiations, and might be roughly summarised as follows:-
The Ego, the reflection of the Monad, in itself is a triplicity, as is all else in nature, and reflects the three aspects of divinity, just as the monad reflects on a higher plane the three aspects-will, love-wisdom, and active intelligence-of the Diety.
At the first initiation the initiate becomes aware of the third or lowest, aspect of the Ego, that of active intelligence. He is brought face to face with that manifestation of the great solar angel (Pitri) who is himself, the real self. He knows now past all disturbance and that manifestations of intelligence is that eternal Entity who has for ages past been demonstrating its powers on the physical plane through his successive incarnations.
At the second initiation this great Presence is seen as a duality, and another aspect shines forth before him. He becomes aware that this radiant Life, Who is identified with himself, is not only intelligence in action but also love - wisdom in origin. He merges his consciousness with this Life, and becomes one with it so that on the physical plane, through the medium of that personal self, that Life is seen as intelligence love expressing itself.
At the third initiation the Ego stands before the initiate as a perfected triplicity. Not only is the Self known to be intelligent, active love, but is revealed also as a fundamental will or purpose which has been hid during the ages in the heart of the Self. That purpose, being now revealed, can be intelligently co-operated with, and thus matured.
These profound revelations shine forth before the initiate in a triple manner:-
As a radiant angelic existence. This is seen by the inner eye with the same accuracy of vision and judgment as when a man stands face to face with another member of the human family. The greater solar Angel, Who embodies the real man and his expression on the plane of higher mind, is literally his divine ancestor, the "Watcher" Who, through long cycles of incarnation, has poured Himself out in sacrifice in order that man might BE.
Reference: Initiation Human and Solar: Alice A Bailey
- Contact Us
- Planetary Existences-2
- Planetary Existences
- TWO REVELATIONS-2
- The Two Revelations
- Universality of Initiation
- Discipleship - Group Relations - 2
- The Probationary Path - 2
- The Path Of Initiation
- Jeffery Epstein - The Saga - 8
- The Participants In The Mysteries-2
- Initiation and the Devas
- Jeffery Epstein - The Saga - 10
- Jeffery Epstein - The Saga - 9
- The Final Initiation
- Impeachment Investigators Subpoena White House - Ukraine
- The Succeeding Two Initiations
- The Fourth Way - Study of Oneself - P.D.Ouspensky
Articles - Latest
- Rupert Murdoch has decided Donald Trump is finished, and shifted his media empire’s allegiances
- Trump says homeless people should be housed in big tent cities in the suburbs
- Sri Lanka imposes overnight curfew to ‘restore order’ after historic day sees president flee country
- Queues, cancellations, chaos: what has gone wrong at Heathrow?
- Ukraine's Lady Gaga and her billionaire husband on fighting Putin from their Hampstead mansion
- British man and his Dutch wife are shot dead in their Antigua home: Police launch murder probe
- Boris Johnson is set to net a fortune after he leaves office
- rosecution rests case in January 6 contempt trial accusing Steve Bannon of ‘thumbing his nose’ at Congress
- Joe Biden tells Crown Prince: You're to blame for killing Khashoggi and don't do anything like that again
- Ethnic minority woman wins India's presidential election