- A Disciple described.
A disciple is one who above all else, is pledged to do three things:-
A. To serve humanity
B. To co-operate with the plan of the Great Ones aas he sees it and as best he may.
C. To develop the powers of the Ego, to expand his consciousness until he can function on the three planes in the three worlds, and in the causal body, and to follow the guidance of the higher self and not the dictates of his three-fold lower manifestation.
A disciple is one who is beginning to comprehend group work, and to change his centre of activity fom himself ( as the pivot around which everything revolves) to the group centre.A disciple is one who realises simultaneously the relative insignificance of each unit of consciousness , and also its vast importance. His sense of proportion is adjusted, and he sees things as they are: he sees people as they are; he sees himdels as he inherently is and seeks then to become that which he is.
A disciple realises the life force side of nature, and to him the form makes no appeal. he works with force and through force: he recognises himself as a force centre within a greater force centre, and his is the responsibility of directing the energy which may pour through him into channels through which the group can be benefitted.
The disciple knows himself to be - to a greater or less degree - an outpost of the master's consciousness, viewing the Master in two-fold sense;-
A. as his own egoic consciousness
B.As the centre of his group:the force animinating the units of the group and binding them into a homogeneous whole.
- A disciple is one who is transferring his consciousness out of the personal into the impersonal, and during the transition stage much of difficulty and of suffering is necessarily endured.
- These difficulties arise from various causes:-
A. The disciple's lower self, which rebels at being transmuted.
B. A man's immediate group, friends, or family, who rebel at his growing impersoanality. They do not like to be acknowledged as one with him on the life cognised, in the discovery as to what is form lies much of sorrow for the disciple, but the roads leads to perfect union eventually.
The disciple is one who realises his responsibility to all units who come under his influence,- a responsibility of co-operating with the plan of evolution as it exists for them, and thus to expand their consciousness and teach them the difference between the real and the unreal, between life and form. This he does most easily by a demonstration in his own life as to his goal, his object, and his centre of consciousness.
The disciple, therefore has several things at which to aim:-
A sensitive response to the Master's vibration.
A practical purity of life: a purity not merely theoretical.
A freedom from care . Here bear in mind that care is based on the personal, and is the result of lack of dispassion and a ready response to the vibrations of the lower worlds.
Accomplishment of duty. This point involves the disspassionate discharge of all obligations and due attention to karmic debts. Special emphasis should be laid, for all disciples , on the value of dispassion. Lack of discrimination is not do often a hinderance to disciples these days, owing to the development of the mind, but lack of dispassion frequently is.
This means the attainment of that state ocf consciousness where balan ce is seen , and neither pleasure nor pain dominates , for they are superseded by joy and bliss. We may well ponder on this, for much striving after dispassion is necessary. He has also to study the Karma-manasic body (desire mind body). This is of very real interest, for it is, in many ways, the most important body in the solar system.
He has also to work scientifically, it may be so expressed, at the building of the physical body. He must so strive that he will produce in each incarnation a body which will serve better as a vehicle for force. Hence there is nothing impractical in giving information anent initiation, as some may think. There is no moment of the day that goal may not be visioned, and the work of preparation carried on.
One of the greatest instruments for practical development lying in the hands of small and great, is the instrument of SPEECH. He who guards his words, and who only speaks with altruistic purpose, in order to carry the energy of Love through the medium of the tongue, is one who is mastering rapidly the inital steps to be taken in preparation for initiation.
Speech is the most ocult manifestation in existence: it is the means of creation and the vehicle of force.In the reservation of words, esoterically understood, lies the conservation of force: in the utilisation of words, justly chosen and spoken, lies the distribution of the love force of the solar system,- that force which preserves, strengthens, and stimulates. Only he who knows somewhat of these two aspects of speech can be trusted to stand before the Initiator and to carry out from under the pledge of silence.
The disciple must learn to be silent in the face of which is evil . He must learn to be silent before the sufferings of the world, wasting no time in idle plaints and sorrowful demonstration, but lifting up the burden of the world: working, and wasting no energy in talk.
Yet withal he should speak where encouragement is needed, using the tongue for constructive ends: expressing the love force of the world, as it may flow through him, where it will serve best to ease a load or lift a burden, remembering that as the race progresses, the love element between the sexes and its expression will be translated to a higher plane .
The, through the spoken word, and not through the physical plane expression as now, will come the realisation, of that true love which unites those who are one in service and in aspiration. Then love between the units of the human family will take the form of the utilisation of speech for the purpose of creating on all planes, and the energy which now, in the majority, finds expressionthrough the lower or generating centres will be translated to the throat centre.
This is as yet but a distant ideal, but even now some can vision that ideal, and seek-through united service, loving co-operation, and oneness in aspiration, thought, and endeavour, - to give shape and form to it, even though inadequately.
Reference: Initiation human And Solar : Alice A Bailey
- Contact Us
- Planetary Existences-2
- Planetary Existences
- TWO REVELATIONS-2
- The Two Revelations
- Jeffery Epstein - The Saga - 9
- Jeffery Epstein - The Saga - 8
- Jeffery Epstein - The Saga - 10
- Universality of Initiation
- The Participants In The Mysteries-2
- The Path Of Initiation
- Initiation and the Devas
- Discipleship - Group Relations - 2
- The Fourth Way - Study of Oneself - P.D.Ouspensky
- The Probationary Path - 2
- Impeachment Investigators Subpoena White House - Ukraine
- The Final Initiation
- The Succeeding Two Initiations
- The Participants In The Mysteries
- Discipleship - Group Relationships
- Jeffery Epstein - The Saga - 7
- The Fourth Way - Wrong Functions - P.D Ouspensky
- Statues are a mark of honour. Like Edward Colston, Cecil Rhodes and Oliver Cromwell have to go
- Jeffery Epstein - The Saga - 6
Articles - Latest
- Crowd chants anti-Putin slogans as thousands gather for Alexei Navalny’s funeral
- Shock twist as Alexei Navalny ‘died of blood clot and wasn’t murdered by Putin’, claims Ukraine’s top spy
- 'We are aggressors and extremely evil!' Putin's mouthpiece delivers stark warning
- Egypt's ominous threat to suspend peace deal should be taken seriously
- Furious Grant Shapps orders review into British Army's 'woke nonsense' inclusion policy amid reports chiefs 'want to relax security checks for overseas recruits to boost diversity'
- Russia prepares airborne assault units for landing in Ukrainian rear - ISW
- Ukrainian hackers steal vital documents on 500 Russian MoD's objects, sources
- Maldives leader says his country's small size isn't a license to bully in apparent swipe at India
- US climate envoy John Kerry to leave Biden administration
- Killing of al-Arouri complicates hostage talks, Qatari PM tells families
- Biden under pressure to sack defence chief who kept him in dark about hospital stay
- Indian foreign minister meets Vladimir Putin despite western concerns
- More than 40 killed in Liberia gas tanker blast
- The Afghan resistance movement bringing the fight to the Taliban’s doorstep
- King Charles' first Christmas speech - text in full