ISIS says leader killed, successor named
Nov. 30 (UPI) -- The Islamic State terrorist organization announced the death of its leader, Abu al-Hasan al-Hashmi al-Qurayshi, on Wednesday and named a successor.
Al-Qurayshi was named leader of ISIS in March. The details of how exactly he died were not apparent, but a spokesman for the terrorist group said in an audio recording it happened in conflict.
"I announce and mourn for the Islamic State and the fighters of almighty Islamic State, [the absence] of the amir of believers and the calipha of the Muslims Abu al-Hasan al-Hashmi al-Qurayshi ... he was killed while struggling against the enemies' of God," said Abu Omar al-Muhajer, according to CNN.
The spokesman did not clarify who the conflict was with.
Abu al-Husain al-Husaini al-Quraishi was announced as the new leader of ISIS. His predecessor Al-Qurayshi is the second Islamic State leader to be killed this year.
The U.S. military says Al Qurayshi was killed in mid October in an operation conducted by Syrian rebel forces, ABC News reported.
In February, former ISIS leader Abu Ibrahim al-Hashimi al-Qurayshi was killed when he detonated an explosive device as the U.S. military attempted to take him into custody, according to Secretary of Defense Lloyd Austin. One of his deputies and some members of his family were also killed in the explosion.
The Islamic State leader before al-Qurayshi, Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi, was killed in a raid by the U.S. military in 2019.
"We certainly welcome the news of the death of another ISIS leader. I don't have any additional operational details to provide at this time," said John Kirby, spokesman for the U.S. National Security Council.
The new leader is a "veteran warrior and one of the loyal sons of the Islamic State" according to al-Muhajer.
- Contact Us
- Planetary Existences-2
- Planetary Existences
- TWO REVELATIONS-2
- The Two Revelations
- Jeffery Epstein - The Saga - 9
- Universality of Initiation
- Jeffery Epstein - The Saga - 8
- Jeffery Epstein - The Saga - 10
- Discipleship - Group Relations - 2
- The Participants In The Mysteries-2
- The Path Of Initiation
- Initiation and the Devas
- The Probationary Path - 2
- The Final Initiation
- Impeachment Investigators Subpoena White House - Ukraine
- The Fourth Way - Study of Oneself - P.D.Ouspensky
- The Succeeding Two Initiations
- Discipleship - Group Relationships
- The Participants In The Mysteries
- Cosmic Influences and Solar Initiations
- Jeffery Epstein - The Saga - 7
- HAMPSTEAD CASE: Children’s Whistleblowing Testimonies on Satanic Cult in Hampstead
Articles - Latest
- Peshawar, the city of flowers, becomes epicenter of violence
- ‘Cowardly’ robber used pistol to launch terrifying raids on south London businesses
- 'Greedy' fraudsters murdered Potters Bar woman Louise Kam then dumped her body in bin
- ULEZ: The one borough where drivers won't be charged £12.50 on any roads if council blocks cameras
- Republicans remove Ilhan Omar from House foreign affairs committee
- New York attorney general seeks sanctions after Trump caught lying in court documents
- Ukraine strikes key Russian pipeline that supplies 33 million tonnes of oil to Europe
- India's Gautam Adani: Asia's richest man in the eye of a storm
- US to send new missiles to Ukraine with a 93-mile range
- King Charles and Camilla light candles to remember horrors of the Holocaust
- Prince Andrew's role in 'palace coup' to oust Queen's closest ally over money
- Princess Diana's historical family home goes on sale for £995k - but has just 5 bedrooms
- First royal wedding of 2023! Princess Azemah holds lavish ceremony
- Matt Hancock ‘assaulted on London Underground’ as man arrested
- Myanmar opium cultivation surging under military rule - UN report