Saudi Arabia plans to build one of the biggest airports in the world
audi Arabia has announced plans to build one of the largest airports in the world, which will be called King Salman International Airport.
Plans revealed by the kingdom’s current ruler, Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman, outline it is to be built on the site of Riyadh’s existing airport, King Khalid International Airport.
King Salman International Airport will add to the terminals already in situ, and the new site is set to cover an area of approximately 57 square kilometres, plus six parallel runways, and be powered by renewable energy, as reported by the Saudi Press Agency (SPA).
The aviation hub is to be constructed and financed by the Public Investment Fund, which is Saudi Arabia’s sovereign wealth fund.
It has been designed with the aim of accommodating up to 120 million travellers by 2030, with that projected figure rising up to 185 million by 2050.
As reported by Reuters, the SPA also said the development “would create 103,000 direct and indirect jobs, handle 185 million travellers and process 3.5 million tons of cargo by 2050”.
The SPA added that the airport expansion is aimed at transforming Riyadh “to be among the top 10 city economies in the world and to support the growth of Riyadh’s population to 15 to 20 million people by 2030.”
By building the airport, Saudi Arabia is looking to create a global aviation hub, using “cutting edge green initiatives” to “act as a bridge linking the East with the West,” the SPA finishes.
Riyadh’s current King Khalid International Airport will also be the base for Saudia Arabia’s brand-new airline, RIA.
The carrier will be a competitor for Emirates and Qatar Airways and is scheduled to launch at the end of 2022, after its original 2024 launch date was recently brought forward.
- Contact Us
- Planetary Existences-2
- Planetary Existences
- TWO REVELATIONS-2
- The Two Revelations
- Jeffery Epstein - The Saga - 9
- Universality of Initiation
- Jeffery Epstein - The Saga - 8
- Jeffery Epstein - The Saga - 10
- Discipleship - Group Relations - 2
- The Participants In The Mysteries-2
- The Path Of Initiation
- Initiation and the Devas
- The Probationary Path - 2
- The Final Initiation
- Impeachment Investigators Subpoena White House - Ukraine
- The Fourth Way - Study of Oneself - P.D.Ouspensky
- The Succeeding Two Initiations
- Discipleship - Group Relationships
- The Participants In The Mysteries
- Cosmic Influences and Solar Initiations
- Jeffery Epstein - The Saga - 7
- HAMPSTEAD CASE: Children’s Whistleblowing Testimonies on Satanic Cult in Hampstead
Articles - Latest
- Peshawar, the city of flowers, becomes epicenter of violence
- ‘Cowardly’ robber used pistol to launch terrifying raids on south London businesses
- 'Greedy' fraudsters murdered Potters Bar woman Louise Kam then dumped her body in bin
- ULEZ: The one borough where drivers won't be charged £12.50 on any roads if council blocks cameras
- Republicans remove Ilhan Omar from House foreign affairs committee
- New York attorney general seeks sanctions after Trump caught lying in court documents
- Ukraine strikes key Russian pipeline that supplies 33 million tonnes of oil to Europe
- India's Gautam Adani: Asia's richest man in the eye of a storm
- US to send new missiles to Ukraine with a 93-mile range
- King Charles and Camilla light candles to remember horrors of the Holocaust
- Prince Andrew's role in 'palace coup' to oust Queen's closest ally over money
- Princess Diana's historical family home goes on sale for £995k - but has just 5 bedrooms
- First royal wedding of 2023! Princess Azemah holds lavish ceremony
- Matt Hancock ‘assaulted on London Underground’ as man arrested
- Myanmar opium cultivation surging under military rule - UN report