The Probationary Path
The probationary path precedes the Path of Initiation or Holiness, and marks that period in the life of a man when he definitely sets himself on the side of the forces of evolution, and works at the building of his own character. He takes himself in hand, cultivates the qualities that are lacking in his disposition, and seeks with diligence to bring his personality under control. He is building the causal body with delinerate intent, filling any gaps that may exist, and seeking to make it a fit receptacle for the Christ Principle. The analogy between the prenatal period in the history of the human being and that of the development of the indwelling spirit is curiously interesting.
- The moment of conception, corresponding to that of in individualisation.
- Nine Month's gestation, corresponding to the birth hour
- The first initiation stands simply for commencement. A certain structure of right living, thinking, and conduct has been built up.
The Probationary Path corresponds to the latter period of gestation, to the building in the heart of the babe in Christ. At first initiation this babe starts on the pilgrimage of the Path.The first initiation stands simply for commencement. A certain structure of right living, thinking, and conduct has been built up. That form we call character. It has now to be vivified and indwelt. Thackeray has well described this process of building, in the words so often quoted:-
"Sow a thought and reap an action: sow an action and reap a habit; sow a habit and reap a character; so character and reap destiny."
The immortal destiny of each and all of us is to attain the consciousness of the higher self, and subsequently that of the Divine spirit. when the form sis ready , when the Solomon's temple has been built in the quarry of the personal life, then the Christ-life enters, and the glory of the Lord overshadows his temple.
The form becomes vibrant. Therein lies the difference between theory and making that theory part of oneself. One can have a perfect image of a picture, but it lacks life. The life can be modelled on the divine as far as may be; it may be an excellent copy but lacks the indwelling Christ principle. The germ has been , but it has lain dormant. Now it is fostered and brought to the birth and the first initiation is attained. Whilst the man is on the Probationary Path he is taught principally to know himself, to ascertain his weaknesses and to correct them. He is taught to work as an invisible helper at first and for several lives is generally kept at this kind of work. Later, as he makes progress, he may be moved to more selected work. He is taught the rudiments of the Divine Wisdom and is entered into the final grades in the Hall of Learning. He is known to a
Master, and is in the care ( for definite teaching) of one of the disciples of that Master, or, if of rare promise, of an initiate. Classes are held by initiates of the first and second degrees, for accepted disciples and those on Probation, between the hours of ten and five every night in all parts of the world, so that the continuity of the teaching is complete. They gather in the Hall of learning and the method is much the same as in the big Universities, - class at certain hours, experimental work, examinations, and a gradual moving up and onward as the tests are passed.
A number of the Egos on the probationary Path are in the department that is analogus to the High School: others have matriculated and are in the University itself. Graduation results when initiation is taken and the initiate passes into the Hall of Wisdom. Advanced Egos and the spiritually inclined, who are not yet on the Probationary Path, attend instruction from disciples, and on occasions large classes are conducted for their benefit by initiates. Their work is more rudimentary, though occult from a worldly standpoint, and they learn under supervision to be invisible helpers.
er, and is in the care ( for definite teaching) of one of the disciples of that Master, or, if of rare promise, of an initiate. Classes are held by initiates of the first and second degrees, for accepted disciples and those on Probation, between the hours of ten and five every night in all parts of the world, so that the continuity of the teaching is complete. They gather in the Hall of learning and the method is much the same as in the big Universities, - class at certain hours, experimental work, examinations, and a gradual moving up and onward as the tests are passed.
A number of the Egos on the probationary Path are in the department that is analogus to the High School: others have matriculated and arwe in the University itself. Graduat5ion results when initiation is take3n and the initiate passes into the Hall of Wisdom. Advanced Egos and the spiritually inclined, who are not yet on the Probationary Path, attend instructiona from disciples, and on occasions large classes are conducted for their benefit by initiates. Their work is more rudimentary, though occult from a worldly standpoint, and they learn under supervision to be invisible helpers.
The invisible helpers are usually recruited from among the advanced Egos. The very advanced, and those on the probationary path and nearing initiation, work more frequently in what might be termed departmental work, forming a group of assistants to0 the members of the Hierarchy.
METHODS OF TEACHING
Three departments of instruction watch over three parts of man's development. First: Instruction is given tending to the disciplining of the life, the growth of character, the development of the microcosm along cosmic lines. The man is taught the meaning of himself: He comes to know himself as a complex, complete unit, a replica in miniature of the outer world. In learning the laws of his opwn being, comes comprehension of the self, a realisation of the basic laws of the system.
Secondly: Instruction is given as to the macrocosm, the amplification of his intellectual grip of the working of the cosmos. Information as to thye Kingdoms of nature, teaching as to the laws of those Kingdoms, and instruction as to the working of those laws in all kingdoms, and instructions as to the working of those laws in all kingdoms and on all planes is given him.
If he acquires a deep fund of general knowledge, and when he reaches his own periphery he is met by those who lead him on to encyclopaedic knowledge. When he has attained the goal, he may not know every single thing that is there to be known in all the three worlds, but the way to know, the sources of knowledge and the reservoirs of information are his hand. A master can at any time find out anything on any possible subject without the slightest difficulty.
Thirdly: Instruction is given in what might be termed synthesis. This information is only possible as the intuitional vehicle co-ordinates. It is really the occult apprehension of the law of gravitation or attraction, (the basic law, of this, the second solar system) with all its corollaries. The disciple learns the meaning of occult cohesion, and that of internal unity which ho9ld the systems as a homogeneous unit. The major part of this instruction is usually given after the third initiation, but a beggining is made early in the training.
Reference: Initiation Human And Solar : Alice A. Bailey
- Contact Us
- Planetary Existences-2
- Planetary Existences
- TWO REVELATIONS-2
- The Two Revelations
- Universality of Initiation
- Discipleship - Group Relations - 2
- Jeffery Epstein - The Saga - 8
- Jeffery Epstein - The Saga - 10
- The Path Of Initiation
- The Participants In The Mysteries-2
- The Probationary Path - 2
- Initiation and the Devas
- Jeffery Epstein - The Saga - 9
- The Final Initiation
- Impeachment Investigators Subpoena White House - Ukraine
- The Succeeding Two Initiations
- The Fourth Way - Study of Oneself - P.D.Ouspensky
- Discipleship - Group Relationships
- The Participants In The Mysteries
- Cosmic Influences and Solar Initiations
- HAMPSTEAD CASE: Children’s Whistleblowing Testimonies on Satanic Cult in Hampstead
- Jeffery Epstein - The Saga - 7
Articles - Latest
- Sophie Wessex's Camilla snub: Claimed people 'didn't want her as Queen'
- Princess Beatrice and Queen Camilla promoted to new roles under King Charles III's reign Katie Sewell - 10h ago
- Pound falls again as Bank rules out emergency rate rise
- Home Office to reopen immigration detention centres with £399m deal
- Liz Truss hit by Tory backlash after lifting ban on fracking
- Former Pakistan PM Imran Khan apologises in court as he bids to stay out of jail and avoid contempt
- North Korea preparing to test fire submarine-launched ballistic missile, says report
- Former Vice Minister of Public Security sentenced to death in China for taking bribes
- Malaysia's ex-PM Najib given medical all-clear to return to prison
- UN orders evacuation of non-essential staff in Haiti due to increased violence
- DWP issues update on £150 cost of living payment after delays
- Ukraine war latest: Ukraine recaptures fresh territory as annexation polls open
- King Charles' Cousin Doesn't Hold Back On How The Royal Family Treats Meghan Markle
- Philadelphia contract killer admits to murdering six people
- Prince Andrew’s ‘secret plot against Charles’ revealed