New York attorney general seeks sanctions after Trump caught lying in court documents
New York Attorney General Letitia James has asked the judge overseeing her $250m fraud lawsuit against Donald Trump, his three eldest children, and their eponymous real estate company to sanction the Trumps and their attorneys for “demonstrably false” statements made in a “verified” response to her complaint.
“Defendants falsely deny facts they have admitted in other proceedings, they deny knowledge sufficient to respond to factual allegations that are plainly within their knowledge, and they propound affirmative defenses that have been repeatedly rejected by this Court as frivolous and without merit,” she said.
Specifically, she pointed to a repeated claim made by the Trumps, who in their answers to Ms James’ suit said there is no such entity as the “Trump Organization,” despite Mr Trump and his children referring to their company as such on many occasions.
She also noted that Mr Trump described himself as president of the Trump Organization during an October 2021 deposition, and said Ms Habba had introduced herself as representing the Trump Organization in a hearing before the same judge who is overseeing the fraud case.
According to Ms James’ filing, Ms Habba began her remarks that day by saying: “Good morning, Your Honor. Alina Habba for Trump Organization, Donald Trump, et cetera”.
The New York attorney general recalled that Judge Engoron had declined to impose sanctions on the Trumps earlier in the proceedings that led to the civil fraud suit, and asked him to not give them a pass once more.
“The Court has already admonished defendants and their counsel for their continued invocation of meritless legal claims but exercised its discretion in not imposing such sanctions ... it does not appear that this point was taken, however, and [the AG’s office] would ask the court to renew the issue,” she said.
Reference: Independent: Story by Andrew Feinberg
- Contact Us
- Planetary Existences-2
- Planetary Existences
- TWO REVELATIONS-2
- The Two Revelations
- Jeffery Epstein - The Saga - 9
- Jeffery Epstein - The Saga - 8
- Jeffery Epstein - The Saga - 10
- Universality of Initiation
- The Participants In The Mysteries-2
- The Path Of Initiation
- Initiation and the Devas
- Discipleship - Group Relations - 2
- The Fourth Way - Study of Oneself - P.D.Ouspensky
- The Probationary Path - 2
- Impeachment Investigators Subpoena White House - Ukraine
- The Final Initiation
- The Succeeding Two Initiations
- The Participants In The Mysteries
- Discipleship - Group Relationships
- Jeffery Epstein - The Saga - 7
- The Fourth Way - Wrong Functions - P.D Ouspensky
- Statues are a mark of honour. Like Edward Colston, Cecil Rhodes and Oliver Cromwell have to go
- Jeffery Epstein - The Saga - 6
Articles - Latest
- 'We are aggressors and extremely evil!' Putin's mouthpiece delivers stark warning
- Egypt's ominous threat to suspend peace deal should be taken seriously
- Furious Grant Shapps orders review into British Army's 'woke nonsense' inclusion policy amid reports chiefs 'want to relax security checks for overseas recruits to boost diversity'
- Russia prepares airborne assault units for landing in Ukrainian rear - ISW
- Ukrainian hackers steal vital documents on 500 Russian MoD's objects, sources
- Maldives leader says his country's small size isn't a license to bully in apparent swipe at India
- US climate envoy John Kerry to leave Biden administration
- Killing of al-Arouri complicates hostage talks, Qatari PM tells families
- Biden under pressure to sack defence chief who kept him in dark about hospital stay
- Indian foreign minister meets Vladimir Putin despite western concerns
- More than 40 killed in Liberia gas tanker blast
- The Afghan resistance movement bringing the fight to the Taliban’s doorstep
- King Charles' first Christmas speech - text in full
- Rudy Giuliani files for bankruptcy days after court orders him to pay nearly $150m
- Imprisoned Russian politician Navalny is now in a penal colony near the Arctic Circle