Man arrested in connection with mass drowning of migrants in English Channel last year
A suspect has been arrested in connection with the mass drowning of migrants in a dinghy in the English Channel a year ago.
Harem Ahmed Abwbaker, 32, was taken into custody at an address in Cheltenham, Gloucestershire, by investigators from the National Crime Agency (NCA).
He's the first suspect to be arrested in the UK after 31 migrants were drowned when their boat deflated and sank in darkness two hours after leaving France.
Emergency telephone calls led to confusion about whether the dinghy was in French or British waters.
A total of 27 bodies were recovered the next day, two people survived and four are still missing.
Soon after the tragedy, French authorities arrested five suspects and held fifteen more in June this year.
Abwbaker, whose photo has been blurred by the NCA due to legal concerns, is set to appear at Westminster magistrates on Wednesday morning on a French extradition warrant.
- Contact Us
- Planetary Existences-2
- Planetary Existences
- TWO REVELATIONS-2
- The Two Revelations
- Jeffery Epstein - The Saga - 9
- Jeffery Epstein - The Saga - 8
- Jeffery Epstein - The Saga - 10
- Universality of Initiation
- The Participants In The Mysteries-2
- The Path Of Initiation
- Initiation and the Devas
- Discipleship - Group Relations - 2
- The Fourth Way - Study of Oneself - P.D.Ouspensky
- The Probationary Path - 2
- Impeachment Investigators Subpoena White House - Ukraine
- The Final Initiation
- The Succeeding Two Initiations
- The Participants In The Mysteries
- Discipleship - Group Relationships
- Jeffery Epstein - The Saga - 7
- The Fourth Way - Wrong Functions - P.D Ouspensky
- Statues are a mark of honour. Like Edward Colston, Cecil Rhodes and Oliver Cromwell have to go
- Jeffery Epstein - The Saga - 6
Articles - Latest
- 'We are aggressors and extremely evil!' Putin's mouthpiece delivers stark warning
- Egypt's ominous threat to suspend peace deal should be taken seriously
- Furious Grant Shapps orders review into British Army's 'woke nonsense' inclusion policy amid reports chiefs 'want to relax security checks for overseas recruits to boost diversity'
- Russia prepares airborne assault units for landing in Ukrainian rear - ISW
- Ukrainian hackers steal vital documents on 500 Russian MoD's objects, sources
- Maldives leader says his country's small size isn't a license to bully in apparent swipe at India
- US climate envoy John Kerry to leave Biden administration
- Killing of al-Arouri complicates hostage talks, Qatari PM tells families
- Biden under pressure to sack defence chief who kept him in dark about hospital stay
- Indian foreign minister meets Vladimir Putin despite western concerns
- More than 40 killed in Liberia gas tanker blast
- The Afghan resistance movement bringing the fight to the Taliban’s doorstep
- King Charles' first Christmas speech - text in full
- Rudy Giuliani files for bankruptcy days after court orders him to pay nearly $150m
- Imprisoned Russian politician Navalny is now in a penal colony near the Arctic Circle