Man arrested in connection with mass drowning of migrants in English Channel last year
A suspect has been arrested in connection with the mass drowning of migrants in a dinghy in the English Channel a year ago.
Harem Ahmed Abwbaker, 32, was taken into custody at an address in Cheltenham, Gloucestershire, by investigators from the National Crime Agency (NCA).
He's the first suspect to be arrested in the UK after 31 migrants were drowned when their boat deflated and sank in darkness two hours after leaving France.
Emergency telephone calls led to confusion about whether the dinghy was in French or British waters.
A total of 27 bodies were recovered the next day, two people survived and four are still missing.
Soon after the tragedy, French authorities arrested five suspects and held fifteen more in June this year.
Abwbaker, whose photo has been blurred by the NCA due to legal concerns, is set to appear at Westminster magistrates on Wednesday morning on a French extradition warrant.
- Contact Us
- Planetary Existences-2
- Planetary Existences
- TWO REVELATIONS-2
- The Two Revelations
- Jeffery Epstein - The Saga - 9
- Universality of Initiation
- Jeffery Epstein - The Saga - 8
- Jeffery Epstein - The Saga - 10
- Discipleship - Group Relations - 2
- The Participants In The Mysteries-2
- The Path Of Initiation
- Initiation and the Devas
- The Probationary Path - 2
- The Final Initiation
- Impeachment Investigators Subpoena White House - Ukraine
- The Fourth Way - Study of Oneself - P.D.Ouspensky
- The Succeeding Two Initiations
- Discipleship - Group Relationships
- The Participants In The Mysteries
- Cosmic Influences and Solar Initiations
- Jeffery Epstein - The Saga - 7
- HAMPSTEAD CASE: Children’s Whistleblowing Testimonies on Satanic Cult in Hampstead
Articles - Latest
- Peshawar, the city of flowers, becomes epicenter of violence
- ‘Cowardly’ robber used pistol to launch terrifying raids on south London businesses
- 'Greedy' fraudsters murdered Potters Bar woman Louise Kam then dumped her body in bin
- ULEZ: The one borough where drivers won't be charged £12.50 on any roads if council blocks cameras
- Republicans remove Ilhan Omar from House foreign affairs committee
- New York attorney general seeks sanctions after Trump caught lying in court documents
- Ukraine strikes key Russian pipeline that supplies 33 million tonnes of oil to Europe
- India's Gautam Adani: Asia's richest man in the eye of a storm
- US to send new missiles to Ukraine with a 93-mile range
- King Charles and Camilla light candles to remember horrors of the Holocaust
- Prince Andrew's role in 'palace coup' to oust Queen's closest ally over money
- Princess Diana's historical family home goes on sale for £995k - but has just 5 bedrooms
- First royal wedding of 2023! Princess Azemah holds lavish ceremony
- Matt Hancock ‘assaulted on London Underground’ as man arrested
- Myanmar opium cultivation surging under military rule - UN report