CPS reviewing police file on King Charles’s charity
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
CPS reviewing police file on King Charles’s charity
A file of evidence into an alleged cash-for-honours scandal involving one of the King’s charities has been passed by police to the Crown Prosecution Service.
The Metropolitan Police launched an investigation in February following a series of newspaper articles alleging a donor to The Prince’s Foundation was offered help securing a knighthood.
Anti-monarchy group Republic made a formal complaint to detectives about Charles and former close confidant Michael Fawcett in September 2021, following the stories.
Mr Fawcett, who has since resigned as chief executive of The Prince’s Foundation in the wake of the alleged scandal, had been accused of promising to help a Saudi billionaire donor achieve British citizenship and the honour.
The Met said: “A file was passed to the CPS on October 31.
“The investigation remains ongoing and we will not be providing a running commentary on its progress.”
The force said in September a man aged in his 50s and a man in his 40s were spoken to under caution earlier that month, on September 6, two days before the Queen died and Charles became King.
It is understood the King has not been spoken to by police, nor has he been requested to do so.
The Sunday Times has now reported prosecutors are expected to decide before Christmas if charges will be brought, with the King’s alleged involvement possibly heard in court.
Buckingham Palace said it would not comment on an ongoing police inquiry.
Last autumn, the Mail on Sunday published a letter from 2017 in which Mr Fawcett reportedly wrote that he was willing to make an application to change businessman Mahfouz Marei Mubarak bin Mahfouz’s honorary CBE to a knighthood, and support his application for citizenship.
The letter, written on headed notepaper in Mr Fawcett’s then-capacity as chief executive of the Dumfries House Trust, said the applications would be made in response to “the most recent and anticipated support” of the trust.
Mr Mahfouz is reported to have donated large sums to restoration projects of particular interest to Charles.
When the investigation was launched, a spokesperson for Charles at Clarence House said the then Prince of Wales had “no knowledge of the alleged offer of honours or British citizenship on the basis of donation to his charities”.
Mr Mahfouz is said to deny any wrongdoing.
Reference: Story by Robert Dex
Articles-Popular
- Main
- Contact Us
- Planetary Existences-2
- Planetary Existences
- TWO REVELATIONS-2
- Jeffery Epstein - The Saga - 9
- Jeffery Epstein - The Saga - 8
- Jeffery Epstein - The Saga - 10
- The Two Revelations
- The Fourth Way - Study of Oneself - P.D.Ouspensky
- Impeachment Investigators Subpoena White House - Ukraine
- Universality of Initiation
- The Path Of Initiation
- Initiation and the Devas
- The Participants In The Mysteries-2
- The Fourth Way - Wrong Functions - P.D Ouspensky
- The Final Initiation
- Statues are a mark of honour. Like Edward Colston, Cecil Rhodes and Oliver Cromwell have to go
- Discipleship - Group Relations - 2
- The Probationary Path - 2
- The Participants In The Mysteries
- Discipleship - Group Relationships
- Discipleship
- The Succeeding Two Initiations
- Jeffery Epstein - The Saga - 7
- Jeffery Epstein - The Saga - 6
Articles - Latest
- They Lied to Us! The Truth They Hid About Hitler’s Death — Gerard Williams
- Ramaposa Dragged Out of Parliament
- Madagascar Goverment Collapse
- The Reality of Digital Id
- Welcome To The End Of Western Dominance
- Why is the Sahel turning its back on France?
- Sarkozy gets 5 years in prison in Gadhafi case
- The EU in 2025: A union at the crossroads of chaos
- Deep distrust of EU leaves Italy's Meloni in a corner over bailout fund
- Regime crisis in France: Bayrou falls, now Macron must go!
- Idi Amin president of Uganda
- Anger at Starmer's 'surrender deal' that hands Spain control over Gibraltar border
- Iran doubles down as US signals Israel could strike during nuclear talks
- What could have caused Air India plane to crash in 30 seconds?
- WW3 fears explode as Britain now Russia's 'enemy number 1' - even ahead of Ukraine



