North Korea preparing to test fire submarine-launched ballistic missile, says report
North Korea is preparing to test-fire a submarine-launched ballistic missile, according to a report.
The South Korean military spotted activities of North Korea preparing to test a submarine-launched ballistic missile in Sinpo, theYonhap news agency reported on Saturday.
The agency cited an unnamed South Korean military source in their report who stated that the test might take place next week on Wednesday and Thursday in the South Hamgyong Province of North Korea.
Earlier this week, some US-based think tanks also said that North Korea could be preparing to conduct a submarine-launched ballistic missile test.
New satellite imagery revealed new construction and barges at the Sinpo South Shipyard on the east coast of the country, which is critical to North Korea’s new ballistic missile submarine (SSB).
According to reports, six news barges and vessels were detected gathered around the submarine construction hall which was not previously present, according to the 38 North, a programme of nonpartisan think tank Stimson Centre which monitors North Korea.
The images were taken on Sunday (18 September).
It said the new development suggests that “North Koreans are preparing to launch a new submarine” from the shipyard - where Kim Jong-un visited in 2019.
“While barges and a dry dock have been occasionally observed around the submarine launch quay at the main construction hall, the presence of six vessels and barges in this area has not been observed before,” the report said.
However, these new barges were not present in the 12 September imagery taken by another think tank Center for Strategic and International Studies.
The CSIS’ Beyond Parallel report found new construction in maintainance hall and in the secure boat basin area, but said “no significant activity is observed indicating imminent preparations” for anticipated launch.
“However, North Korea maintains the capability to undertake any of these actions on short notice should Kim Jong-un decide to do so,” it added.
From news to politics, travel to sport, culture to clima
Reference: The Independent: Peony Hirwani
- Contact Us
- Planetary Existences-2
- Planetary Existences
- TWO REVELATIONS-2
- The Two Revelations
- Jeffery Epstein - The Saga - 9
- Jeffery Epstein - The Saga - 8
- Jeffery Epstein - The Saga - 10
- Universality of Initiation
- The Participants In The Mysteries-2
- The Path Of Initiation
- Discipleship - Group Relations - 2
- Initiation and the Devas
- The Probationary Path - 2
- Impeachment Investigators Subpoena White House - Ukraine
- The Fourth Way - Study of Oneself - P.D.Ouspensky
- The Final Initiation
- The Succeeding Two Initiations
- The Participants In The Mysteries
- Discipleship - Group Relationships
- Jeffery Epstein - The Saga - 7
- Cosmic Influences and Solar Initiations
- Jeffery Epstein - The Saga - 6
Articles - Latest
- The dark side of Japan: Forced confessions, the death penalty and plans to indefinitely jail refugees
- Matt Hancock 'claims extra £1,100 a month in expenses after moving in with lover'
- Putin strikes deal ‘to station 10 aircraft capable of carrying nuclear weapons’ in Belarus
- 'Netanyahu go to jail': Protesters jeer Israel PM during Downing Street visit
- Prince Harry: Sculpture filled with human blood 'to be projected on to St Paul's Cathedral' after duke's kill claim
- King’s state visit to France postponed amid widespread retirement age protests
- India's Congress leader Gandhi disqualified from parliament
- Nicola Sturgeon’s husband Peter Murrell resigns as SNP chief executive with immediate effect
- Sarah Ferguson's billionaire associate sued for ‘bankrolling sex-trafficking ring' in US
- French protesters vow to disrupt King Charles's state visit next week
- oris Johnson 'quits London, sells house for way under asking price and buys massive mansion in Cotswolds'
- Trump calls for protests, claims he’ll be arrested imminently
- King Charles snubs Prince Andrew's claim for £32k-a-year Indian healing guru
- Pakistan police storm Imran Khan’s Lahore residence ‘after bulldozing main gate’
- Harry and Meghan 'furious' as King puts HRH ban on Archie and Lilibet